Between Suvereto and Campiglia Marittima, the property is located in a hilly position in the typical Tuscan countryside. Halfway between these two characteristic medieval villages of the Etruscan Coast, it enjoys a panoramic view that stretches, facing the sea, from Argentario to the island of Elba. Looking out over the hills, the view sweeps from Monterotondo to Massa Marittima, while at its feet stretches the plains of the Val di Cornia, from Riotorto to Venturina.
A quarter of an hour from the sea, the San Vincenzo beaches and the Gulf of Baratti, half an hour from Bolgheri and “its” Sassicaia, it is located in one of the most accredited municipalities for wine production. Here, architect Mario Botta found a way to express his creativity with the Petra winery, visible from La Sassaia, and the Tua Rita winery designed and built the award-winning Redigaffi.
The farm has 20 hectares of land with olive trees, woodland and Mediterranean scrub. The 1.000 olive trees are of the best known and renowned varieties in Tuscany: Leccino, Moraiolo and Frantoio, as well as others unknown to most people such as Cuoricino, Morcone or Lazzero di Prata, local varieties that are no longer cultivated and that the property wanted to plant in order to safeguard their history and memory.
In addition to the agricultural activity, there is the agritourism, consisting of five lodgings: four two-roomed apartments and one one-roomed apartment that every year host Italian, German, Austrian and Swiss tourists in search of peace and relaxation.
No uncontrolled building work, but corners of nature where you can stop, contemplate, read and, of course, enjoy a coffee or a glass of wine.
Features of the main house:
– The main body of the property opens onto a living room with a fireplace and dining room that can accommodate guests and friends. The rustic bricks on the floor convey warmth and familiarity. The large kitchen, also with a fireplace, reveals the characteristics of someone who loves to spend time in the kitchen.
The ceilings with chestnut beams and bricks recall the essence of Tuscan life. A pantry, a laundry room and a service bathroom complete the ground floor.
On the first floor in the sleeping area 3 bedrooms (two of which are doubles), 2 large bathrooms (one with bath and shower). Approx. 190 sqm.
The farm is completed by.
– A large plastered agricultural outbuilding of about 200 sqm, with office area, oil storage and bathroom
– 2 stone farm outbuildings, one of 45 sqm and one of 90 sqm, used as agritourism (3 two-roomed apartments) for a total of 135 sqm approx.
– 1 one-roomed apartment (35 sqm) and 1 two-roomed apartment (50 sqm) in the main building
– Photovoltaic panels that make the farmhouse independent from the point of view of electrical energy
– 2 technical rooms
– 7 covered parking spaces
– External lighting systems